Element 1 involves establishing an organisational governance framework for the project, including scope, project plan, risk management plan and communication strategy.
- Identify organisational drivers for change.
- Establish project timeframes.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop multi-layered communication.
- Develop a risk management plan.
Element 1 activities take place in the months one and two of the recommended nine-month timeline for the project.
Element 1 uses all three of the overarching principles: consultation, organisational priorities and change management.