The Department of Health & Human Services hosted a two-day Plan to Act forum for Victorian residential aged care services (RACS) about responding effectively to emergencies and natural disasters. The forum aimed to:
- help RACS better understand their obligations for planning and responding in emergency situations
- help RACS better plan if they need to relocate residents, shelter in place or evacuate in an emergency
- provide expert information
- share knowledge and experience of people previously affected by Victorian disasters.
The following documents provide more information:
- Your responsibilities as an approved provider of residential aged care
- Emergency management update
- We thought our plans would work
- Victoria’s emergency management framework
- Who are you going to call?
- Charlton, a muddy great big mess
- The role of local government in emergency management
- Fire, security and other emergencies – How do you comply?
The department has also prepared resources to help RACS plan and prepare for a range of emergencies, including bushfires, heatwaves and other natural hazards.
The following websites also provide information about planning for emergencies: