Home and Community Care (HACC) is one of the main programs supporting independent living for older people in Victoria. In addition to HACC, other programs include:
- low cost accommodation programs that target adults and older Victorians who have unmet complex needs and who are homeless or living in insecure or low cost accommodation
- the Victoria Eye Care Service, which provides subsidised eyecare at a nominal cost for eligible Victorians
- Personal Alert Victoria, a personal monitoring service that helps older people and people with disabilities live independently
- Carer support services (including the Support for Carers Program), which support people in care relationships
- Dementia services that support Victorians with dementia, their families and friends.
Information about support services is also available at the Better Health Channel.