The Dental Health Program provides public dental care to eligible Victorians. The health and wellbeing of Victorians remains our highest priority. We urge everyone to maintain their oral health by eating well, drinking tap water and brushing their teeth with a fluoride toothpaste twice a day.
- As we move towards COVID Normal, all routine public dental care has resumed in metropolitan Melbourne.
- The Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne and local community-based dental services in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria are providing all dental care services for eligible Victorians
- From term 4, Smile Squad school dental services will be progressively restarting in schools across the areas of Greater Bendigo, Latrobe and Wodonga, working towards a broader rollout across the state from Term 1, 2021
- Screening procedures will be in place to protect staff and patients.
- If you require dental care or oral health advice, please contact the Royal Dental Hospital Melbourne on 9341 1000 (outside metropolitan Melbourne call: 1800 833 039) or use the online community dental clinics search for a list of dental clinics in your area.
You may also visit Dental Health Services Victoria (DHSV) if you require any further information. The Department of Health (DH) funds DHSV to deliver both routine and urgent dental care. Services are delivered through the Royal Dental Hospital Melbourne and 79 clinics across Victoria, operated by community health and rural public health services. To make an appointment for public dental care, phone DHSV on 1300 360 054 or contact your local community dental clinic.
Concerns with public dental care
If people have concerns about the dental care they receive, they should first speak with the complaints or program manager at the community dental clinic where they received care. If the matter is ongoing, they may wish to contact the Health Services Commissioner via the website https://hcc.vic.gov.au/.
The Commissioner's office helps people make their concerns known to healthcare providers, and resolves complaints. The service is free and confidential.