Seasonal flu vaccine supply 2018
Australia and Victoria are experiencing an unprecedented demand for influenza vaccines this year across the public and private market. The department will now need to ration the distribution of influenza vaccine, so that incoming stock can be carefully matched against need..
Find out more
Latest immunisation newsletter
Immunisation newsletter - June 2018
- Influenza vaccine supply issue
- Key changes to the childhood immunisation NIP schedule with effect from 1 July 2018
- New HPV vaccine resources
- Welfare payments of $28 a fortnight lost for each child behind on immunisation
- Four free vaccination programs for men who have sex with men (MSM)
- SAEFVIC - Report adverse events following immunisation
- Recording patient information on the Australian Immunisation register (AIR)
Vaccination protects against infection, saves lives and protects those who are too young or too sick to be immunised. The risk of complications from childhood diseases like measles is much higher than the risks of vaccination.
The immunisation schedule Victoria is a routine schedule of vaccines provided free under the National Immunisation Program and by the Victorian Government.