Leaders, managers and staff all play a role in preventing occupational violence and aggression (OVA) in Victorian hospital and health services. Appropriate responses following incidents of OVA are vitally important to:
- provide practical and emotional support to people who have experienced stressful or traumatic events
- reduce risk and prevent future incidents.
These resources provide practical information for managers and staff about:
- how people may react to OVA in the workplace
- strategies and services to promote recovery following an incident of OVA
- providing support to others
- helpful ways to take care of yourself.
When you use this resource and any tools provided within it, no information about you will be collected.
This resource was developed by the Department of Health and Human Services in partnership with Phoenix Australia - Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health.