The Department of Health & Human Services is responsible for ensuring that quality health services are delivered to the community.
The department plans, develops policy, funds and regulates health service providers and activities that promote and protect the health of Victorians. It funds more than 500 organisations to provide various health services.
In general terms, funded organisations are expected to:
- deliver the volume of services for which departmental funding is provided
- deliver quality services consistent with prescribed standards and guidelines
- deliver services that are accessible, inclusive and responsive to the diversity of the Victorian community
- provide agreed data and reporting to meet accountability and planning requirements
- work with the department to develop new approaches to service delivery.