Older people in hospital are at risk of experiencing functional decline.
This supporting information provides additional material and examples that reinforce the principles and strategies provided throughout Older people in hospital.
- a set of stories showcasing how individual health services have made improvements during the Improving Care For Older People initiative
- an outline of initiatives taken by health services as part of the Improving Care For Older People Program
- a set of fact sheets for clinicians outlining strategies to provide best care for older people in hospital
- information on clinical handover, including a case study outlining best practice principles
- resources to engage consumers in taking active steps to remain as well as possible when in hospital
- information on guardianship and least restrictive practice.