Women are encouraged to be involved in decisions about their care, and to improve the communication between the various care providers involved in maternity care. The Department of Health & Human Services has developed the Victorian Maternity Record (VMR) to provide pregnant women with a standardised maternity record of their pregnancy care and progress. The VMR:
- reduces risks by providing health services with access to a complete pregnancy record
- improves the quality and consistency of information given to women
- enhances continuity of care
- improves communication between service providers
- provides continuity of documentation between clinicians and sites.
Public maternity services should tell all pregnant women about the VMR and encourage them to use this resource.
Ordering Victorian Maternity Records
The VMR is available to download, or you can order copies from the department.
- The minimum order is 20.
- We do not ship outside Victoria or process orders as urgent.
- Keep a copy of your order number to assist with any queries.
- For any queries about your order, you can contact the Department of Health & Human Services on (03) 9096 7376.
- An external distribution organisation handles the online ordering process.