Community groups often hold fundraising activities that involve the sale of food such as sausage sizzles, cake stalls and fetes. These activities require a food act registration or notification.
Common examples of community groups who register with their local council include:
- Community groups conducting sausage sizzles or cake stalls
- Community groups selling food at markets or festivals
- Community groups cooking and selling food from a food truck or trailer
- Schools holding fetes or festivals
- Individuals selling food to raise funds for charity.