Telephone interviews for the Victorian Population Health Survey 2016 are now being conducted
The Department of Health and Human Services is currently conducting the Victorian Population Health Survey to collect valuable information about the health and wellbeing of people living in Victoria. The information collected in this survey will be used to improve the targeting, delivery and quality of health services to the community.
We may contact you
To assist in this research the Department has appointed a survey research firm, the Social Research Centre, to telephone households selected at random, and invite adults aged 18 years and over to participate in a telephone interview. The interviewing period is from August 2016 to October 2016.
In order to check the bona fides of this survey you may wish to view the Department’s previous reports of the Victorian Population Health Survey.
Interviews for the survey are being conducted on mobile and landline phones across Victoria and take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
You can arrange to participate at a time that is suitable for you by phoning the Department on 1800 658 830 to set up the day and time you would prefer to be contacted.
Your participation is entirely voluntary. However, in order for us to collect accurate information, it is important that as many households as possible participate in this survey.
All information is treated in strict confidence.
We're also sending text messages
The Social Research Centre is currently sending text messages to people on their mobile phones. These telephone numbers have been randomly selected and some of these mobile phone numbers may belong to people living outside of Victoria.
The text message is being sent on the following mobile phone number: 0481 073 175
The text message reads:
This is a message from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. The Social Research Centre will be calling this number in the coming days to see if you are eligible for the Victorian Population Health Survey. Reply ‘1’ if you are a Victorian resident. Reply ‘2’ if you are NOT a Victorian resident or Reply ‘3’ to Opt Out. For more info about the survey call SRC on 1800 023 040 or visit www.health.vic.gov.au/healthstatus
About our populations surveys and reports
The Department of Health and Human Services collects information about the health status of the Victorian population to inform policy development and assist planning efforts to improve health services. The information collected is used to check and keep a continuous record on the health of the population.
The department undertakes a variety of health intelligence activities, including:
- Victorian Population Health Survey reports
- Victorian Health Monitor reports
- Victorian Population Health Survey of People with an Intellectual Disability
- The Health and Wellbeing of Aboriginal Victorians: Victorian Population Health Survey 2008 supplementary report
- Victorian Health Information Surveillance System
- Heat Health Information Surveillance System
- Victorian Health Status Atlas
- Your Health report series: The legislative requirement for the Victorian Chief Health Officer to report biennially on the health of the Victorian population
- Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions study
- Avoidable mortality studies
- Burden of disease research
- Provision of epidemiological and statistical support to other units in the Department of Health and Human Services.